Help!! How to increase the drive strength of the inverter?
Puneeth R
2014-05-07 14:24:09 UTC
am developing a standard cell library using electric. The image here shows
the 1x inverter i have designed.Please help me how to
size transistors
to increase its drive strengths to 2x,3x,4x and so on.

S Narasimha Kamath
2014-05-07 17:03:49 UTC
Hi Puneeth,

You can multiply the current width of the inverter by drive strength. For
instance 2x drive strength will be pmos width = 26*2 & nmos width = 13*2.
In layout it translates into 2 fingers of pmos & nmos.

Thanks,
S N Kamath
I am developing a standard cell library using electric. The image here
<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a6DcekNbl9o/U2pBU5QPDOI/AAAAAAAAADo/FtJZnCJ9RyI/s1600/inverter.jpg>
sudheer k Muhammed

Travis Ayres

Travis Ayres